About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

What's for dinner ...

that is the hot question of every day! After spending a wonderful almost week on vacation and eating Dunkin Donuts for breakfast every day, pizza for two dinners and one lunch, fab chicken fajitas, a lot of coke and multiple beers - I was ready to "make dinner" again. FYI none of the fore mentioned landed me in the 1500-1700 calorie range I am suppose to be in! Nor did my workout clothes even make it out of the suitcase.

So after unpacking one suitcase, and ignoring the other four (yeah we don't pack light) Doodlebug and I headed to the grocery store. Well that is a lie, first we had to go to Target, because it had been over a week and what if they had gotten something in I just couldn't live with out??? And since we were there might as well hit up TJ Max, just in case. 

So two minor purchases later we were officially off to the grocery store! Since my week in Florida had been wonderfully riddled with absolutely nothing healthy - I went someplace I rarely spend any time, the produce section. WOW they have a lot of vegetables! HA.

All it took was my favorite little sweet tomato's to catch my eye ... that was what was for dinner.

Now I often warn Husband that what we are about to eat is a "Wife Creation" sometimes good - sometimes we eat a lot of ice cream for dessert! Tonight's was really good and super simple ...

Creamy Tomato Chicken Pasta
(I will make up measurements, but I believe in a spoon full of this and drizzle of that type cooking)

Marinade and Grill up two chicken breast
Boil Water & Cook your favorite Pasta Noodle (we tried a new one that was as close to a wagon wheel as possible, because I have one small person who insist on eating wagon wheels!)

In a blender:
1 cup chicken broth
2 tbs white wine
bag of sweet tomato's
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of cream (or Half & Half)
sprinkle of Oregano, Basil, Rosemary (or your favorite) Looking for great spices try  Penzeys - unbelievable!
Salt & Pepper
Garlic
1/2 cup grated parm cheese

Blend and let sit!

Once chicken is done - slice up in small pieces
Once pasta is done - drain and return to pot, add sauce and chicken - bring to a little boil

Dinner DONE!

It would serve 2 adults and 2 small eaters ... need more - just add more stuff to the sauce and grill another breast!
Of course no dinner is done at my house without some Sister Schubert Rolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment