About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Boys will be Boys ... Birthday Party Take 1

When I found out I was pregnant I sat down and prayed, "Listen Lord, I know we are suppose to pray for 10 fingers, 10 toes, happy, healthy baby and I want all that, but I want it in a girl!" I figured there was no way I could have a new baby and a boy  ... I had no idea what to do with either. My theory was that at least if she was a girl, I would have a fighting chance! Nine months later, we had a wonderful, healthy baby GIRL!  Thank you Jesus! HA

Since I have zero concept of boyville I am always amazed at "boy moms" and how they obviously had no problems getting through having a little boy. Since moving to Kentucky we have met a great family that was blessed with TWIN boys, good lord. I know this Moma loves her little boys but twins are no easy task, and boys to boot ... I think she and God have had a few words over the years!!

These boys are turning 6 in May. I know their Moma was hoping for a darling plaid and polka dot party. Little boys sailing boats on a lake. Blue and white table clothes with white flowers. Matching seersucker outfits for the family with darling detail. Presents would be wrapped in coordinating paper. Yeah righ, what 6 year old boy ever asked for a lovely tone on tone plaid with coordinating polka dots? 

They asked for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles .... big sigh from Moma :)

So it began - the internet searches, hours and hours.  TMNT may still be popular with the midget population, but their commercial power has faded seriously. Honestly we couldn't even find a paper plate, for the love. This meant we were going to have to make this up as we went.  So today is the first installment of all things Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! We have the first banner done and the invites have been approved and are headed to the printer this weekend.


Coming Up: custom Ninja face masks & ninja belts, more banners, front door wreathes! (Did I mention I am really happy I have a girl)

No comments:

Post a Comment