About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Home Cooked Dinner #234 - Pork Chops & Applesauce

Peter Brady was on to something! Skinny Pork Chops or breakfast pork chops as they are called at the store - are a super quick and easy dinner! Yeah we don't have applesauce for dinner, dessert it is!

This dinner  can be on the table in 30 mins. Just remember to take the pork chops out of the freezer - this is a problem at our house. I normally remember around 5pm, pull them out of the freezer throw them in the frig! Yeah dinner is done for tomorrow night, now back to what are we going to have tonight.

I will tell you that I am not a huge Pork fan. I hate bacon, ham and most other things porky. But I do enjoy pork tenderloin and skinny pork chops - I will not eat a fat pork chop, I told you people I had issues! We also relate every dinner we have to Doodlebugs favorite things - for example pork chop night is "just like chicken nugget night" cheese rice "just like mac & cheese" ... we find it helps. Hey I am not really lying, I said it was like ...

Ingredient's:










Option 1: Smokey Chops
Breakfast Pork Chops (2 per person)
2 cup Panko (similar to bread crumbs but better!)
1 egg
Hot Sauce
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
2 -3TBS North Woods Fire Seasoning

Option 2: Citrus Chops
Breakfast Pork Chops (2 per person)
2 cup Panko (similar to bread crumbs but better!)
1 egg
Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
2-3 TBS Lemon Pepper


Two shallow pans/dishes
Crack egg & some hot sauce in one ... stir up good
In the other: Panko, salt, pepper, garlic powder, seasoning


Dunk chop both sides in egg wash, drop in panko, pat down on both sides







On stove top - large skillet with 3-4 TBS olive oil - heat over medium/high
Add breaded chops - cook 5-7 mins each side














Cheese Rice - compliments of  Rice-A-Roni: Parmesan and Romano & Cheese
Corn - Out of bag from the freezer
A girl can only do so much :) I like to see how many "home cooked dinners" we can have in  row ... I take all the help I can get! And to Husband's dismay, I have vowed to try and get a vegtable on the table every night - that one is still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment