About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Hopefully the egg doesn't fall far from the basket!

My mom, now known as "Mema" has loved to decorate for as long as I can remember. Our storage room was jammed with blue tubs, wreaths, garland, signs and just about anything else you can imagine. I am pretty sure she even made up holidays, such as "back to school day". Yep we had school bus decorations, apples and rulers - you name it, if there was a theme to be found, she would find it! I am pretty sure my mom was "crafty" before crafty was even  word.

For years I did not decorate anything accept the two big holidays - Christmas (I have 4 trees) and Halloween. I LOVE vintage Halloween decorations. Since Doodlebug has arrived, I find myself decorating for all the holidays and I am sure we are only days away from me making up holidays - such as "back to school day"  - damn her! Like I needed another reason to shop.

Easter was no exception - as usually every nook & cranny (the name of her old store) was decorated. She left no egg unturned. My mom has always been really good at creating little scenes, or scape's or whatever you want to call them.  Her kitchen window this Easter may have been one of my favorites.


My mom found the darling sign on a primitive sign website similar to this Sign Shop  ... Well let me be clear. My younger sister bought it off the website. Oh my mom paid, because that is her job :) But my mom calls the Internet, the interstate and facebook, spacebook. In my heart I think she really knows their real names, but one can not be sure.





This little guy, I think my mom painted a 100 years ago ... if not we have the pair since I was a little bitty person.

All the girls in my family are creative in one way or another. Each has their own their "talent" and we got that from my Mom. I can always call her and say here is what I am thinking, how do we do that ... and she normally has the answer!  She may claim to be getting old, or only have one kidney left - but I will keep her on her toes for at least a few more years to come!

3 comments:

  1. Mema's gonna love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still the only woman I know that can cut hearts out of pumpkins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mema says she can't remember cutting hearts out of pumpkins...my 'she' is a talented woman!

    ReplyDelete