About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Beef Stroganoff Recipe - Crockpot

I love to make things in my crock pot - because I can throw it all in there and do whatever I need to do for the day and then poof dinner is ready! It's like I didn't even have to cook and all the sudden there is a home cooked HOT meal ... love it.

On Saturday I went to the grocery store because we literally needed 2 of everything ... I am not joking, it was a cart overflowith type of event. I almost ran out of room in the CRV. I was also determined we would have some things for dinner ... not something you take out of box and heat up, but real dinner this week. (never mind doodlebug had mac & cheese last night while I fell asleep on the couch and woke up and fed myself Lucy Charms! Thank goodness she has a nice papa!)

Picture belongs here
Here we go - super easy! And really really yummy Doodlebug & Husband ate it ...
Serves 4 adults (about a million munchkins) with some leftovers

1 lb -cut up beef stew meat - it is cheap and will taste wonderful after it has cooked all day in the crock pot
1 cup flour
2tbs crushed rosemary, dill, & hot spice (I use norwoods, or cayenne pepper - whatever you got)
Put Flour & Spices in plastic bag - shake it up! Add meat to coat.

Dutch Over -
2-3 tbs olive oil
Coated meat pieces
Couple spoons fulls of garlic (4 fresh cloves)

Sear until brown on all sides - at this point I always burn my dutch oven, because I burn everything in my dutch over - I don't think they were made for electric stoves. Once browned add: 1/2-1Cup of red wine - make sure all the pieces are getting good and juiced up!

Add 4 cups beef broth (one of those cardboard containers)
Add 1 Can cream of mushroom soup
Add 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
Extra Spices: crushed rosemary, dill, & hot spice & salt and pepper

Stir till everything is good and together. Transfer to crock pot. Added .5 cup grated Parmesan cheese (because I love it). cook on low for 6-8 hours - you want to make sure you meat falls apart.

When close to done add a couple big spoons fulls of sour cream & parsley.

I par cook my egg noodles and add the last hour - they help thicken it up and I finds it all taste better mixed together, but you can just serve over the top like the do in the nice picture above (not mine by the way, I borrowed it from simply recipes - yes I just got a new fancy camera for my birthday - no I didn't remember to take a picture, jeez)  If you put them in there all day they will suck up all the juice.

Adding Mushrooms - I love them, Husband hates them - so I left them out. Secondly the last couple times I have left them in the crock pot all day they have made my dinner taste awful, at least that is only conclusion I can come up with. So if you want add them the last hour - or saute them and add them at the very end!

I had enough for a second dinner left over - so in the freezer it went for next week!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment