About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Lemon Thyme Biscuits

Today may be the official first day of Summer, but it felt a little like fall here today. Ok not totally true - it was like 90 degrees, but it did rain and look very cold and blistery outside. So instead of first day of summer items such as burgers, corn on the cob, hot dogs & potato salad - we had pot roast, noodles and homemade biscuits! HA.

I planted a small potted garden this summer - three types of tomato's, basil, spicy globe basil, lemon-thyme, cilantro and jalapenos. The jalapenos, did not make it. The tops of the tomato's were snacked on by deer - but they have since left them alone. Cilantro was doing great, has taken a turn for the worst ... we shall see how they come out!

I did use my fresh home grown lemon-thyme in my homeade biscuits, making it summer A-OK!

From the Herb Garden: Lemon Thyme - for more recipes

I found the recipe in the July/August Food Network Magazine - click  here for the real recipe. I have a serious problem following a recipe - which will actually lead to the sort of demise of my biscuits ... follow along!  I was all excited when I saw this .. because for those of you who have not grown Lemon Thyme - is spreads, not just a little! So I have been looking for just about anybody who wants some and any recipe that calls for it! I saw this and was like YEAH ... so I read the recipe, which I am also not so good at doing ... yeah, doesn't call for Lemon Thyme at all. Well I fixed that!


So in the ingredients I made the following changes:
added 1 cup grated parm cheese
added a bunch of lemon thyme herbs
couple shakes regular thyme & rosemary
couple shakes of garlic powder
It calls for wheat germ - not gonna lie, that scares the hell out of me, did not use it
It calls for buttermilk, would have done this if I had it .. used regular
Calls for grated lemon zest - skipped it since I grew my lemon into my Thyme :)

So far so good right ... I think this is what unbaked biscuits are suppose to look like. Now for the somewhat fatal mistake ... oven temp 425, not 475 - arghh. I hate myself sometime! No worries I pulled them out a little early, they are a little flat - but they tasted great!

The entire fam loved them! And since they were a little dense, great for soaking up the juices from the pot roast!

No comments:

Post a Comment