About Me

My photo
Kentucky
I am not going to lie ... most days we are hot mess here at this little three ring circus I am apart of! I have a great husband, a darling doodlebug of a daughter, two, yes two, boston terriers and a cat ... that is a lot of feet running around!! I love all things creative! I am not the best at anything, but I love to see what other great creative things people do and try to incorporate them into my life! I will warn you, with all this creativity comes the high probability of the following: miss spelling, ranting, random shinanagans! Consider yourself warned.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Canvas Sign Ideas!

This winter I made my sister a funny sign to hang in her office ... it was a standing joke we'd say "oker doeker that's what we'll dueker". 

We had made some cute Halloween Canvas signs using paint & paper and created some custom spooky sign. So I went with the same idea.

Supplies:
Canvas Board - any size you want
Spray Paint
Folk art "extreme glitter" paint (Check it out here)
Mod Podge
Paper
Embellishments


I spray painted the canvas purple - Yes in December on the driveway in the cold! I do try and keep my spray paint projects for warmer weather! The bonus - spray paint gets on your gloves and not your fingers!

Once that was good and dry I applied the Extreme Glitter Paint - this you can use a regular old paint brush - inside were it is nice and warm! I added a few layers so that it was good and glittery - the paint I used was purple so it matched the spray paint.

I let that dry for a day - then used my cricut to cut out the letters and the arrows were chipboard art I had from another project! I used spray adhesive to stick them to the board and then mod podged the entire thing! I am not going to lie - I am not a huge mod podge fan - we just don't get along, I don't think it is anything personal ... we are working on our relationship.

What made me think of this was the darling fabric covered canvas over at maryjanesandgaloshes.com - check it out it is darling!

The best part of this project was I didn't have to worry about spelling errors ... because really none of these are in dictionary - take that Webster!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute sign! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi =)

    Do you still need help on pinterest? Looks like your button is working =)

    ReplyDelete